Shaun-Goodyear gripe again

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sat Sep 05 1998 - 15:44:38 EDT

Shaun- every tire that comes on a vehicle is covered by the
manufacturers defect warranty, so the dealer is correct in telling you
to go to goodyear. Only problem is this-there is no puncture or road
hazard warranty covered by the manufacturer of tires. You would have to
prove that the tire was built with a pinhole in the tire. And yes,
Goodyear tires are very high priced anyway. In my dealings as a
wholesale customer, they always tell me this "high price", then say they
can sell it to me wholesale for this much lower price, kindof like
goodyear has a "suggested list" price that they like to sell at but
never can.
Patrick