Re: More Ongoing paint problems

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Sep 06 1998 - 12:30:28 EDT

At 06:03 PM 9/5/98 , you wrote:

>Now they want me to take it to them again and
>let them "fix it right". My question is..what should l do? I do NOT want to
>take it back because they have already ruined it 3 times. but what are my
>options.

Unless you want to pay for it yourself, you may not have very many options.
A $5000 paint job or a new truck sounds real good, but then so does winning
the lottery. Frankly, I think you would have better luck with the lottery.
At best, you might get another dealer to work on it.

>When l call CC they say they want to let their factory rep take a
>look at it..but he hasn't called me back once since May

Are you just sitting back waiting for the CC rep to call back? And if so,
why?? You should be on the phone at *least* weekly (if not more often)
until you get to speak to the rep. Then don't let up until he gets out
there and does something. Don't let them stall you...be a pest (but a nice
pest). They are the ones in the wrong, not you. It's their responsibility.
Keep on them.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Childrens Book Titles You'll Never See-- "You're Different...And That's Bad"