Re: Western Chassis 3/5 drop on a '98 CC Reply

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Sun Sep 06 1998 - 16:30:24 EDT

Bob Nichols wrote:

<snipped>

> Bob, Sounds like you had some trouble. I'd like to lower my 98, but I
> put about 3000 miles a month on it. Do you think I'd be better off
> with the 2/4 drop?

Bob,

Depends on how much you're willing to "tune" the job after the obvious
stuff. For me it's worth it. For others, the trouble, if you want to
call it that, is not worth going that low. I will say that from my
experience, there's a clear difference between 2/4 and 3/5. I ran into
things that you won't with 2/4.

Watch out for the headers(if you got 'em) and shorten the sway bar
mounts(I have front and rear) and you'll be good to go.

The Truckin' magazine two part article is a good reference(July and Aug
'98 issues I think). They talk about some of the tuning they did to
theirs after the intial drop. That covers it pretty well. I would not,
however, go for the frame section. No offense to Lance, but I have a
thing about cutting into the frame. I would not go for the lowest
setting on the rear hangers either, because without a sectioning of the
frame you won't have but an inch of travel even with shortened bump
stops.

Bob