Re: Beat by Chevy! Help!

From: WillTier@AOL.COM
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 23:08:59 EDT

droopie@bellsouth.net writes:

<< Sounds like Nitrous Oxide to me. Don't worry...let him hit it once
and
 the motor lean out or detonate and you'll need a broom to pick the
 bottom end of the motor up. >>

Get a grip. You install a NOS kit as instructed and you don't have any
more to
worry about than hammering it without it. Might be a little rough on the

tranny or clutch if not beefed up for the task but up 150 HP kit on a
stock
motor should be no problem unless its a Ferd :-)

Bill

Fact of the matter is that stock CAST pistons may work with nitrous or
boost, but not long. The tremendous cylinder pressures exerted by NO2
or blowers also create higher exhaust temps. Obviously either the kid
knew not to gas it from 1st gear or just was f8cking with our Dak
buddy. Sure, 75 and 125hp kits don't do much harm, but how many 18
year olds have good enough sense to do it right? I know I didn't. NO2
introduces so much O2 into the mix that it is very easy to burn pistons
if you don't do it right.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black