Re: Beat by Chevy! Help!

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 22:48:54 EDT

At 02:42 PM 9/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey all,
>Naw, this was just some choad punk. He doesn't have any surprises. My
>freind knows him. I also looked unter the hood. It's still all plain.
>He has a K&N sticker on the filter box, but it had a paper filter in
>there. Nope. No NOS. It was just plain Jane.
>Doug

  Nitrous is pretty easy to hide; you might want to take another
look. :-) Its even possible to route it inside the intake manifold,
so you wouldn't be able to tell unless you took the engine apart. (Unless
you know chebbies inside and out and you could find the feed tube) NOS
makes a "sneaky pete" system with a really small bottle that you can
hide almost anywhere.

  If he walked away from you at 70mph, there's almost no other explanation
for it besides nitrous. Unless you're having some mechanical problems
of your own. Your truck is definitely faster than a stock chebby. Sounds
to me like he isn't stock. :-)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |