Re: Much improved ET and non RT 360

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 22:44:39 EDT

At 08:01 AM 9/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Previous best of 15.793.
>
>Friday night I ran a 15.480! 313 thousandths improvement! Woohoo!!!!
> Finally got a good strong launch without badly losing traction. Not
>neck snapping, but a good launch.
>
>BTW - there was a guy out there with a NON R/T factory 360 with a FIVE
>SPEED in a '98 regular cab with nitrous - on a "screwed up run" when
>the bottle didn't kick in till fourth, he ran a 15.04. I had to leave
>before he ran again. Company he got the N02 from was Nitrous
>Express.

  Nitrous Express is fairly new on the scene; it was formed by a couple
of guys who've been into nitrous a while, but the company itself is
pretty new. So far, I like what I see. Their kits are a wet system;
usually a plate that fits on the manifold, similar to the way you'd add
nitrous to a carbeurated vehicle. I like the fact that this brand new
company already has a kit for the Dakota while NOS keeps putting us on
the back burner, and still hasn't gotten around to us when they've had
4 to 5 years to come up with something.

   They put a nitrous system on a stock Dakota (only mods were an M1
intake, exhaust, and slicks) and it ran 11.5. That particular system was
a Y nozzle that shot nitrous and fuel through the throttle body in a
150hp shot. Granted, that's probably a little extreme without some
forged engine components, but I think it shows there's some potential
in that kit... :-)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |