Re: Roll Pan

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 22:36:43 EDT

From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
mon.7th,8:30
>most of not all roll pans have the fold down license plate holder in the
center of the roll pan. If that's the type you get you can use a hitch by
the name of "Hidden Hitch" towbars. I'm unsure about another brand. If you
put on the roll pan and see that the hitch is centered at the roll pan
opening and the draw bar ball is at least coming out about 4 to 6 inches you
have no worry, but you may have to adjust your hitch either with spacers or
front to rear movement to get the proper clearance. Just be careful about
redrilling as you may take some of the strength from the frame depending on
how far away from the original holes you made the new ones to reattach the
hitch. As to spacers to getting a further away from frame drop use steel
spacers (not washers) to keep the intregerity of the hitching mounts and
high strength bolts as the longer the bolt the more pressure is exerted on
it for pulling. I myself I wouldn't go over 1 inch spacer, cause remember,
you are now relying on the spacers and bolts for holding the hitch on and
not the frame of the truck for strength. Hope this helps as to your decision