Beat by Chevy! Help!

From: Douglas Bowerman (bowermdw@mailhost.ind.ameritech.net)
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 14:27:02 EDT

Hey all,
This weekend I raced this guy from back home. He has a bone stock 96
Chevy 1500.
I have a truck with tons of mods. This guy is 18 and likes to race
people. Everybody said I should race him. So here we are side by side
until 70 MPH. Then like a fighter pilot that hit the afterburners, he
just blew by like he flipped a switch. I'm talking like instant burst
of speed. Whats up people????
I have a lighter, smaller, and modded truck. What's up with the stock
chevy gettin all this power and speed at 70 and blowing me away?
What the heck do I have to this Mopar to beat a stock Vortec??
I'm very very very dissappointed. Not to mention the deer that jumped
out in front of me on my way home and busted my grill and my air cond
condensor.
Doug
- --
98 Intense Blue V8 con JBA headers, Borla exh
JET Stage II, K&N Filtercharger, TB P&P

Sounds like Nitrous Oxide to me. Don't worry...let him hit it once and
the motor lean out or detonate and you'll need a broom to pick the
bottom end of the motor up.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black