Re: putting tubes is tubeless tires -Reply

From: Arg12@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 07 1998 - 20:23:40 EDT

I'm truly sorry for my "inappropriate" choice of wording in my response.
However, there are now, and have been for over thirty years, tubes that have
been designed to be fitted to radial tires. I have used them and have know
many others to have used them. I have also, on a few occasions, fitted tubes
to tubeless tires for various reasons. While I agree that it is probably not
the most fitting use of tube and tire, I have never had any problems,
situations, conditions, or incidents of any kind arise from such use under
normal conditions. In fact, I have seen the following printed on the side wall
of some tires: "Tubeless - if mounted on a tube-type rim, fit tube". Granted,
theses have been motorcycle tires. But, never-the-less, they are manufactured
by large companies (Dunlop as an example) and I would suspect that such a
company would be cognizant of the liability they would assume for such a
statement. Besides owning and enjoying my Dakota, I also enjoy motorcycling
and therefore, have a fair amount of respect for the role that tires tubes
play in supporting me on the road. Once again, I appologize fore the language
in my previous post.