Going Racin' !!

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 07:57:37 EDT

Well , gang -

I called Moroso yesterday to ask em a few questions about the track and the
MoPar show coming up on the 13th which I will be going to .

I remember someone said before that alot of tracks won't let you run with
the tailgate down , so I asked what their stance was on this .

It was kinda funnt when the lady said I could have it down as long as I
didn't have a cooler full of beer in the bed when I did it like the last
guy that dumped all his beer and ice all over the track when he took off !

I still have to get the JBAs on before I leave on Friday (hopefully) , but
my back has been giving me some trouble , so who knows .

The thing that I think will be good about Moroso will be that it is right
at sea level since it's in West Palm Beach and there is usually a steady
breeze so the humidity should be relatively low as well .

I can't wait to get out there to thrash the R/T a bit !

My girlfriend insisted on going too though , and she has these grand
delusions of us laying on the beach the whole time we are there . I told
her she could lay on the beach by herself because I was going to be at the
track . She just doesn't understand this stuff . She's like " I thought
you were just going to that place on Sunday?" , and I'm like , "I'm going
the whole time I'm there!" . I'm trying to find a way to ditch her from the
trip !!

ANyway , this will be my first time at a track , so any advice would be
appreciated .

For one , I heard that I should launch the R/T at about 122 RPMs and maybe
reduce the tire pressure to about 20-25 PSI , will this help ?

Thanks

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net