Re: Transmission Trouble

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 16:58:12 EDT

If they already put a new one in (and do you know FOR SURE that they put in
a new one and not just made the old one shiny?) and it's about to crap out
again , then I would start looking at other things that may be causing the
tranny to crap out . Maybe something coming off the crank , maybe the
rear-end , or maybe they just scammed you when they said they put a new one
in .

I have no idea for sure , but I'm just saying look at all the possibilities .

>Hello Everyone,
>Is anyone having trouble with their manual transmissions? I have a '96 318
>with a 3.55 sure-grip rear. At 26K the original factory tranny was replaced
>with a new one (not re-built). Now at 37K, the second one is about finished
>as well. I do not beat my truck, or abuse it by any other "bad habit"
>means. Any ideas or thoughts on a failure cause would be appreciated?
>Thanks,
>Rich W.

Jack Hilton III

1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab (Black)

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html