Re: Transmission Trouble

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 08 1998 - 22:29:35 EDT

From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
tues.8th,8:30pm

>Dude, you need to be more pacific than just saying your tranny is giving up
the ghost--what exactly do you feel or hear that leads you to believe your
trans is going out. Also what model is your tranny, many gents and ladies
have manuals that could help you out, but they need the
pacifics.--slipping,means clutch is burning out and needs
replacement--grinding,means that sencros are shot for that particular gear
you're going into--gear whining that is extremly loud maybe letting you know
that the gear fluid or oil needs changed and possibly changed to a heavier
weight if you're in an extremly hot summer climate, or change to synthetic
for better lubrication. So you see there are many senerios that need to be
pinpointed for a better diagnosis