Map lite

From: JHambleton@diabloresearch.com
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 12:52:50 EDT

plugs in to the Cig lighter. It's safer too. You can direct the lite
down and away from the drivers eyes.

Jon H

Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 02:46:08 EDT
From: McStyer@aol.com
Subject: DML: Needing some help

Howdy hi,

I'm breaking down and asking for help on this one. I want to install
the rear
view mirror (interior one) from a '91 S-10 on my Dak, replacing the
stock.
The mirror from the S-10 has map lights built in the bottom of it, and
since I
have a CC, they'd come in handy. My problem is the wiring for the
lights.
There are four wires and I found- the ground and the power source. Does
ANYONE
know what the other two wires are for? I'm imagining that one at least
one of
the "extra wires" turns the lights on when the doors open, but nothing
I've
done testing it has proven that. How would I go about testing to figure
ought
what they do? All I've been doing so far is touching the wires to the
battery
posts in various positions and watching for what happens. I'd
appreciate any
help or ideas on this, I've been fiddling with it for 2 weeks now.

Thanks,
Mike S.
93 V6 CC
Nashville