Re: Jack Hilton actually does a mod

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 01:21:44 EDT

>JACK!! Please dont say youre using 87 octane in your R/T!! But OPEC says
that
>crude oil is at a record low for the past 10 years! Isnt Gas cheap in the
>Heartland like it is up north here??
>Eric

I know , I know , but it is a well-known fact that a higher octane rating
than what is required is totally pointless .

The only gain other than that would maybe be that it may be possibly
refined a little better .

I have no knocks and no problems on 87 , which *is* what the manual states
as required fuel .

And yes , I must be a cheap-skate , because 87 is going for about $.79 here
and premium is at about $.99 .

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net