RE: RE: Tranny/Engine Oil cooler

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 19:19:33 EDT

Shaun,
Frank has an oil cooler on his Ram that uses a sandwich adaptor under the
oil filter and a stacked plate cooler (B&M I think). Its a clean
installation and shouldnt run more than 100.00. Ive havnt used non factory
engine oil coolers since I lost a line on my 65 cuda resulting in a fire as
well as a few smoked bearings. It was probably my fault, but it leaves you
"gun shy" of porting your oil around externally. My Interceptor has an
engine oil cooler from the factory. One of its hoses sprang a pinhole leak
and made a mess but didnt toast anything. Ill check my R/T since it has the
same engine package as yours, but I think the "cooling" part relates to the
size of the radiator and the trans cooler. I havnt IDd any lines from any
pressurized oil passages on the block though...
BKB