Re: Exhaust for V-6 -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (msykes@SU.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 16:28:51 EDT

>>>You've got the 2 chamber, right?<<<

yup! =)

>>What, if any difference in
performance did you notice with it. Particularly in the low end (better
worse same ?)<<<<

Mike,
I noticed a little low end (especially when I lit em' up at the very next stop
light) but significant top-end power. She pulled HARD right up till it didn't
want to pull anymore, then shift and repeat. I thought I would lose low
end with a 3" inlet, but my extraordinarily small exit on my high flow cat
makes up for it =). I didn't like the flow at first, but I learned to appreciate
it once I rode in the back of my Dak at 55.. now I really like it! Add some
headers and it'll sound mean =) I have a WAV sittin' around somewhere
of my truck. If I can find it, I'll send it to ya'-

-mike d.

At 09:37 AM 9/8/98 , you wrote:

>I've got a Flowmaster on mine and makes the 6er really rumble.
>Unfortunately there is no kit offered by Flow for Daks, but you could get
>respectable muffler shop to put one together for you. FWIW, I dig the
>Flowmaster =)

Hey, Mike. You've got the 2 chamber, right? What, if any difference in
performance did you notice with it. Particularly in the low end (better
worse same ?)

Thanks