RE: 14"FABM ......revisited

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 08:37:05 EDT

HAHA! I'm glad I'm not the only one that did this, Jack. Like you
said - they mean DROPPED!! My suggestion for the pcv nipple is the
local parts place - if they don't have it in the HELP! Line of
products, you might look at various fittings for particular models -
one might fit perfectly. I would also suggest a thin washer of rubber
around the fitting get 'em at the hardware store for about $.80. Slip
it around the inserted tube so as to truly seal it. I've seen some
fittings that just kind of rattle around - lets dirty air in. I
rationalize that a total of five minutes without a breather at the
track is ok, but for my daily driving, I want my air intake system
sealed as well as possible.

As for the upper rad hose, I've been thinking about how to reroute it.
 Some pipe, hose bends, and clamps might do it as long as it didn't
restrict flow too much. Time to go look at Sean's page again and see
what he did.....

As for cooler air going into the breather, I have some suggestions.
 The weatherstrip that runs nearly the entire length of the black
plastic cowl assembly can be removed and I'll bet air will get in
there. Also remove the rubber air dams from both sides of the
radiator. Finally, has anyone else noticed that they changed the
rubber seal near the top of the radiator? My 97 has a "wall" of
rubber there that touches the hood - seals it off pretty well. 98 and
later models have a flat rubber strip in front of the top of the
radiator that is only for looks as far as I can tell. Maybe CC
engineers thought "hey - let's let some air in here".

Tate