RE: EGR & PCV valves

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Sep 09 1998 - 11:35:22 EDT

Jack,
The PCV is actually NCV (negative crankcase ventilation) on race cars to
help scavenge the crank case and keep internal pressure low (so they dont
oil the track). The crankcase is evacuated via the venturi effect by the
exhaust flow. Oil fumes dont create much power but do kinda foul things
up...
BKB