RE: JBA and the burning rubber smell

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 14:32:56 EDT

Bobby,
Take a look at the insulation around the metal A/C line nearest the right
hand header. The burning rubber smell in my case was the asphaltic
insulation under the foil getting hot. I moved the line away about 1.5" and
the rubber smell is less. Im going to wrap the lines insulation with some
silica cloth to keep it from heating up. That combined with the header
gaskets "changing" made for a little smell fest for a few hundred miles.
BKB