Re: "TEST" pipe to replace cat.....

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 11:38:16 EDT

<< I've purchased an entire test pipe kit from Mag Performance and was assured
 that if installed correctly, there would be no adverse conditions. I'll
inform
 the DML as soon as it's installed. >>

I've worked with several Dodges with their catalytic converters removed - and
not one has had a Check Engine light. I know the Fords, and GMs do, but for
some reason, the Dodge's dont... maybe there's a code stored in the computer,
but no MIL.

I wouldnt recommend installing a test pipe on a near stock truck that already
has a good free flowing exhaust system. It will kill your low end! On a 5
speed, this probably would go un noticed, but you automatic guys will be
hating it..

ttyl
Patrick