Re: "TEST" pipe to replace cat.....

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 11:11:48 EDT

<< OK, for you OBDII junkies...what would be the results of replacing the cat
 on a 98 Dak with a "test" pipe (which would only be used in a fully legal
 manner, of course). Would the computer freak out from the O2 readings?
 Would my low end go away? Would it make a difference in performance, fuel
 economy?
 Thanks,
  Donny>>
I've purchased an entire test pipe kit from Mag Performance and was assured
that if installed correctly, there would be no adverse conditions. I'll inform
the DML as soon as it's installed. BTW, on my TTA, after installing a test
pipe, throttle response and low end performance up through the power band were
noticeably improved.
I feel the same results should occur with the R/T.
Regards,
Steve in Houston