Re: "TEST" pipe to replace cat.....

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 11:14:11 EDT

Donny,

Yes, the computer will freak and post a code. The secondary O2 sensor is
there to check the condition of the cat. You would have to install O2
simulators to fix the problem. It has been successfully done for many
OBDII GMs, and I know of one Grand Cherokee owner who is testing a set of
simulators for this exact thing. There is some performance to be had
from installing the test pipe, and cars CAN pass emissions testing
without them, in some instances.

Stay tuned, because when he gets the correct combination down (I believe
at last check, he was still occasionally getting codes posted), there
will be an announcement. They guy who made the simulator will probably
be happy to sell more :-)

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T