Re: Torsion bars

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 11:24:51 EDT

Trevor,
On my Dak the rear sits about an inch higher than the front (empty bed). If
you torque up the bars and inch you would probably look level. I dont know
much about lift kits, I was never that interested in them. I do know that when
you start messing with the suspension you may have probs with your brakes.
Pickups have a fluid proportioning valve in the brake system. This adjusts
braking when suspension heights change (i.e. when you have a load in tthe
bed). Too much of a lift and you may have to have the valve adjusted. Also,
the more of an angle you have on your driveshaft, the less torque you deliver
to your rear diff. Although you will probably not notice a change with a 1-2"
lift. I'm thinking of these old ferds you see running around with 8" lifts
and a 45 degree angle in their drive shaft.
Hope this helps dude.
Boog