RE: Archives

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 07:26:41 EDT

We really appreciate your work, Jon.

Tate

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Steiger [SMTP:stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 1998 8:31 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Archives

At 01:03 AM 9/10/98 -0400, W. Jack Hilton III wrote:
>At 12:38 PM 9/9/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>>Are the DML archives down? I can't seem to get past the index page.
>>

>Hmmmm......just like clockwork.....must mean it's about 3 o'clock .

  Sorry about the archives guys; I know they've been less than
reliable. :-)

  The problem is that the feeble processor sometimes crashes when
churning through the volume of DML mail. :-) I've just spent
part of my day creating a script which will cause a MUCH more
powerful computer to pull the data, create the archives, and then
upload them to the archive machine. That'll completely eliminate
the need for the archive server to do any processing of the archives
themselves. Hopefully this will help to keep the machine (and
thereby the archives) up and running.

(crossing fingers, knocking on wood, etc.) :-)