Re: RE: OBDII, O2 sensors, etc.

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 12 1998 - 11:00:43 EDT

<< The cat delete is normally worth 10 HP or more on most vehicles. I
 agree that with headers AND a low restriction DUAL exhaust,
 subsequently deleting the cat may produce so little restriction as to
 somewhat compromise low end torque. >>

Have you done any dyno testing to prove this?

In every situation, low end torque was lost, and it was very noticable.
(Headers, exhaust, minor bolt ons) There is a gain on the top end, but 90% of
the people out there that I've talked to will agree it's not worth it on a
near stock truck. Like I said in a previous post, 5 spd trucks may not notice
the loss as much as the automatic guys will. In heavier trucks (like a Ram, or
maybe a 4x4 Dak) the loss is more apparent.

It's a cheap mod (my "favorite" muffler shop removed mine for $20), so, try it
out yourself.... just don't throw the cat away!

ttyl
Patrick