Re: Need some help

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 12 1998 - 16:29:11 EDT

At 01:10 PM 9/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I am new to the list but have had my Dakota for almost a year now. I
>have a few problems (I think) but wanted to check with the experts first.
> I have a 98 Black Short Cab, Short Bed, 318ci, Manual, 3.90 rear, anti
>slip diff, 15" x 7" wheels, 6 speaker Infinity with the light package,
>K&N air cleaner.

  Nice truck!! :-)

>2) When I first start get in the truck and start it the fan seems to
>run very fast. Faster than the RPMs on the tach. This happens no matter
>how long I let the truck warm up and goes away after I get on the road
>and my RPM get above about 2500. This may be commonplace but I haven't
>noticed this in any other car I've driven.

  Yep, that's common. Its the clutch fan, I believe.

>4) What is the cheapest way (under 300 dollars) to get some horsepower
>boost. It seems like the performance chip is the way top go but I live
>in California and the Dodge one isn't sold here yet due to emissions, at
>least that is what the dealer told me.

  He's lying. ;-) The Mopar chip isn't available for the '98s at all,
anywhere, yet. ('97s either)

   I got a nice performance boost from my Gibson 3" cat-back exhaust system.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |