RE: Need info!! (rearend ratio change under warranty)

From: Joel Znamenacek (Joel@zracer.com)
Date: Sat Sep 12 1998 - 16:41:43 EDT

one reason the *might* not have put the 3:90's in is because the gears
are taller than 3:55 and may be to big to fit into the existing 3:55
pumpkin.

Joel

  As you may already know, my rearend bit the dust so my truck has
been into the dealer for a warranty repair. I have a '96 Club Cab with
3.55 sure grip. I asked the service manager to check into the chances
of
getting the 3.55 replaced with a 3.90. I told him that I would be
willing to
pay extra to do it if it wasn't do-able under warranty. He said he
would
call me and let me know before they did any work on it, but today when
I went in, my truck was up on the lift, and had brand new 3.55s in it,
with no attempt by the service dept. to get ahold of me! ARGHHH!! :-(