Re: Austin-area Dodge dealers...

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 02:32:14 EDT

I bought my Dakota from Ramey dodge in georgetown, everything went
smoothly buying the truck. I was going to order a reg. cab v8 5spd. but
they ended up having an ext. cab on the lot. Well, about a week after
delivery I went to wax the truck for the first time and noticed what
looked like rubbing compound on it, I looked closer and the ext. cab on
the drivers side had been repainted and bondoed. Went to the general
manager and explained, at first they denied it, finally I called
chrysler and they said they had no record of repair work. Got them to
believe I didnt do it and they did an estimate of >$300. I got one done
and it came to over $900. Also had seeral problems with warantee work
(alighnment, ruff idle, cold start clicking under hood). Any ideas what
action I should take? They have offered to only repaint the truck so I
cant see the bondo.