Re: Need info!! (rearend ratio change under warranty)

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 10:14:23 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/98 7:20:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, klaus@buffnet.net
writes:

<< So, basically I was hoping to get any info I can before then. Does
> anyone know if a 3.90 sure-grip was available in a 1996 club cab? Is
> it a different housing, or would it be a direct swap? Would the warranty
> repair disallow the swap? If I had them install 3.90s, would the warranty
> then be void since the truck came with 3.55s? >>
Jon,
   I dont know if Im late on this or not, I havent exactly been keeping up
with the
list lately. That swap is direct. You have the same rear end as I do on my
95 and I
ordered my 3.90 stock. I now have the 4.10 though. I work with a guy that
had
warrenty work done on his Neon and he paid the difference for an upgrade part!
No problem. Sounds to me that you may have an edgy dealer that is afraid to
make changes in fear of some type of lawsuit or whatever. Either that or he
is lazy!!
Eric