RE: Re: O2 sensors, etc.

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 11:19:33 EDT

     <<Actually, they combine the oxygen with the hydrocarbons, producing
     CO2 and H2O, but they measure the oxygen content in the exhaust, hence
     the name 'Oxygen Sensor'. :-)>>

     I'm glad you mentioned that Gene... I knew that water was one of the
     byproducts, but is a lot of water coming out the tailpipe indicative
     of any kind of problem? It's probably just my imagination but it
     seems that a lot more water comes out of the tailpipe since I
     installed my JBA's...

     Seriously, I could probably back my truck up to my Mom's garden and
     water it by just running the engine for 15 minutes!

     Just curious.

     T.