Re: My 88 is p---in' me off TOO!!!!

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 14:11:49 EDT

Well, last year when I slapped the valve, I really didn't have the time to
work on the truck so I took it to a local garage to have them do the work.
The sent the heads down to the machine shop to have the valves replaced.
The machine shop magnafluxed them and found both heads had cracks in them.
I don't know where the shop had gotten the heads but it took them 2 weeks to
find them and they had to be shipped here (Connecticut) from the west coast.
They were supposable a set of remanufactured heads. The one thing is that
the truck never seemed to have the power it had before the new heads were
put on and I've never really been happy with the way the truck has run
since. I took the truck back and they said that I had to give the valves
time to seat. I complained about excessive oil use and was told that new
heads with old piston and ring, some blow by was to be expected. I must of
had it back there 20 times and was always given an excuse. The truck ran
well, just not like it used to. I figured, what the hell, I'll just live
with it until next year when I plan on installing the 5.9 crate motor I have
for it sitting in the garage. I was just trying to put off any major
rebuild of the truck until after my wedding next June.

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM
88' Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/MotorCity/Downs/9219