RE: V8 4 X 2

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 08:22:27 EDT

Sure - nail a V8 on slick pavement and the tires will spin - - duhhh.
 A single trac rear can spin on wet pavement or a steep grade, but if
you know how to drive, even a manual tranny won't cause any problems.
 If you get a sure grip rear, you shouldn't have any problems. I have
a '97 regular cab standard tranny (lightest truck available) with a V8
- wouldn't trade it for the world. Yes, in the mud or ice I wish I
had a 4x4, but neither of those conditions occur very often for me and
the 2wd will get a little better mileage and performance. Welcome to
the list!

Tate