Re: Beat by Chevy! Help! (via digest)

From: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 08:41:02 EDT

<snip>
I never liked
the initial shock that one gets from nitrous. Sure, you could use a
progressive controller, but that just adds to the cost, plus slamming those
solenoids open and close really wears them out, so add a solenoid rebuild
in
every once in awhile,<snip>

     One way to get around the "shock" of the juice kickin' in is to move
the solenoids further away from the plate or jets. By moving the solenoids
further away ( for example one install I read about having them hidden down
at the frame ) you "soften" the initial hit of the nitrous. You don't get
quite the same effect as the progressive controllers as you're still
getting the full hit of the juice but it lessens the initial hit a bit. I
agree.....the idea of the progressive controllers rapidly opening and
closely the solenoid doesn't appeal to me either.

****** 97 RPM Dakota - 14.98 @ 91.76 ******

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Email @ Work: sean_meldrum@ittauto.com