Re: V8 4 X 2 Attn: Dan K.

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 14 1998 - 11:49:43 EDT

Dan,

I have a '97 Dakota ClubCab V8 4X2 with a 3.92 TrackLoc axle.
I have a wood rack that divides the bed into 7 compartments. It weights
55 lbs. During the winter I add 40 lbs of "Cat Sand", 20 lbs on each side
just forward of the rear axle. I have had no problem getting around Michigan
and the Chicago area. As Jon pointed out, you drive with common sense
in bad weather. Don't jump on it around slippery corners. Stops just as
good as a 4X4. I did change the tires to Cooper Cobras 855/70/15's and
replaced the shocks with TrailMaster N7's. The truck runs an automatic
custom built from the cases up with TransGo Kit.

If you want a 4X2, go for it......

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan