Re: Starting problems

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sun Sep 13 1998 - 17:41:49 EDT

HKUSP40578@aol.com wrote:

> Make sure your fuel pump is humming loud, open you gas cap and turn the key
> over and listen for a loud hum, I went through 4 fuel pumps with my 93 Dak 4x4
> and had similar problems like you are having...

I just tried this. I heard the hum, but it still wouldn't start. Seems
to me
it's in the ignition system. I did a voltage check on my coil input
wires,
absolutely no juice is getting to the coil (when hot, it still starts
fine
when it cools off). Thanks anyway,

Dan""

Ok, if the coil isnt getting voltage, go check the ASD (AutoShutDown)
relay. If that's ok, you've got to go all the way back to the ignition
switch.

Patrick