Re: Re: Need More Crome

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 10:15:57 EDT

> Yes, this is because the slt comes standard with a/c and other items
> when I was calculating my truck the prices were within $200 of each

> > >I like how the SLT's look, but I dont want to pay the SLT price,

  I'll pipe up here. When I was pricing out '95 Dakotas (since I knew I
would do a factory order), I originally wanted the Sport since I thought
the painted grille & black bumpers looked much better than the chrome.
However, by the time I got through adding up the options I'd need on the
Sport (you DO NOT want a vehicle without A/C in the South ;), I could get
the SLT for about $250 more. And score some other little odds and ends
like cruise control that turned out to be very useful. Since I knew the
resale value for the SLT would be worth much more than $250, I went for it.
Don't regret it, either.

  Ron