choices of trucks

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 23:44:36 EDT

Does anyone here own a Ram. I am trying to decide between a Dakota
Sport
Plus CC 4x4, and a Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4. I am wondering the difference
in gas milage, acceleration, and most importantly PRICE. My Grandfather
is retired from Chrysler, so I can get it at emploee cost. Did anyone
buy their truck at or below invoice?

-I own an Dakota SLT 318, my buddy owns a 360 quad cab. The quad cab
has no balls with the 360, I hate driving it. It sits too high for me,
and its difficult to see the blind spots with the quad cab too. The
dakota fits me like a glove on the other hand. The weight savings of
the dakota from the ram more than offsets the 25 more horses they have,
the dakota is soooo much faster! Gotta get the Dak! $4000 less, your
gas mileage will at least be in the midteens instead of 9 mpg, and power
to boot--
Patrick