Re: RE: My 1996 Dakota needs more power

From: Thomas McCabe (mccabet@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 23:53:33 EDT

> I have a 1996 Dakota 4x2 with the wimpy little I-4. what can I do to give
> it more power?

I'm not sure about the '96 I4, but my neighbors '94 Dak has a 2.5 engine
like the one used in the front wheel drives. If you want to experiment,
find a 2.5L Turbo car in a junk yard and get the turbo, exhaust
manifold, exhaust down pipe and all hardware connected to the turbo.
This will require alot of fabrication, but should be fun to drive! I
keep hoping he will put his up for sale so I can buy it and turbo it.

You could also get all the wiring harnesses and use that cars computer.
You may want to keep the boost down since your 2.5 has 9:1 compression I
believe.

My .02.

L8r

--