Re: 90+MPH Resonation

From: Chris lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 14:14:33 EDT

I don't know if any of you have seen it but there's an article in the latest
issue of car and driver with a long term test of a 97 Dakota. During there
testing they tried several top speed runs and each time they went above 90
they had some type of failure with the driveshaft, this is the two piece
driveshaft in the CC 2x4 Dakotas. They had if fixed each time under
warrantee but it happened about 3 times before they were given a 1 piece
"telephone pole" as they put it driveshaft. I don't have the article so I
don't have the specifics on it but they did say that dodge said they would
replace any driveshaft that failed on the Dakota.

Chris...