Re: No muffler---Attn:Gene

From: George Dorn (gdorn@newlywedsfoods.com)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 14:27:21 EDT

DodgeBoyz3@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/15/98 10:53:43 AM Central Daylight Time, Boog318@aol.com
> writes:
>

> > Went down to see a friend at his muffler shop yesterday. He had a new 318
> > Dak
> > sitting out front that he just put twice-pipes on. He threw me the keys
> and
> > said start it. It sounded really nice. Revved it up, quiet too
> (relatively).
> >
> > He said now look underneath. No muffler.
> > The cat took care of the sound.
> > Now I wonder if, with headers, can we do this to our trucks? Or is there
> > going to be too little back-pressure? I dont need to burn up my exhaust
> > valves.
> > Hmmmmm.......
> > Boog
> >

> Boog,
>
> 77,000mi w/o mufflers, just cat and ex manifolds...............no bad valves.
>
> Gene

Hey Gene,I've been really really thinkin bout pullin mine off &
runnin just cat back w/o mufflers (I have true duals).My 2 concerns
are 1-would the freindly ofiicers consider this a red flag re noise?
& 2-would I lose any low end grunt grunt-I get off on the low end
grunt & would be totally depressed if I lost my "chirps" in 1st &
2nd.
tia
george --- '89 Shelby Dakota #288