Re: Rear View Mirror

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 00:54:56 EDT

<< My interior rear view mirror has developed an annoying rattle from the
 bass in my truck, so its time to replace it. Does anyone have any
 snazzy ideas that are better than going to a junk yard and getting
 another one? And no, I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for a
 "billet rear view mirror." I'm thinking of just going to a junk yard
 and exploring and finding the most interresting rear view mirror I can
 find, and then using it as a conversation topic.
 Later,
 Robert

 --
 Mailto:rotrottmann@davidson.edu
 http://www.davidson.edu/personal/rotrottmann/default.htm

I've got a RVM out of a 91 S-10. It's shaped a little better than the stock
one I had, and it has map lights built-in hidden underneath on either side
that can be turned on seperatly. People 'round here gave me some flak about
it being from a chevy :) but it is the exact same mirror as those in the 1995
Eagle Talons. I have an extended cab and that little dome lite in the rear
didn't do much for whatever was rolling around under my feet. The hardest
thing was running wires but I eventually looked in my friends Talon and traced
the wires. Hope this helps some.

Mike S.
93 V6 CC 5-speed