Re: 94 Manual Tranny Oil Type?

From: Michael DuBose (mdubose@vt.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 09:37:05 EDT

Bret Clark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to verify this, but in the Hayes manual, it tells me to use
> 10W30 Engine oil in the manual tranny. This just seems odd to me. It that
> the case?
>
> Regards
> Bret
> 94 Dak V6

It really doesn't matter what type of oil to use in a manual trany. Normally
you shouldn't change the oil in a manual trany unless you have been doning
some serious towing (i mean like towing a fith wheel ). But it really
dosen't matter what type of oil you use. My dad has been a Chrysler mechanic
for 28 years and he ueses regular trany fluid in his truck. So its your
choice.