RE: Finding a 360. Was: Problems with my Kota

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 07:16:32 EDT

would guess that the longer I wait, the less '96 engines there will
be
to chose from, and therefore the price would be higher? If that
is the case, I wonder if I would be better off buying soon and
storing it?

  On a related note, how well do engines "store"? (If I were to
buy one but not use it for 2-3 years, would there be any maintenance
issues to take care of before I could use it?)

 Thanks!

                                              -Jon-

I could be wrong, but I think the opposite would be true up to a
certain point - a few more years and more late models should find
there way to the boneyard. After a certain number of years, that
figure will diminish as the yards get picked over and "cleaned out"
for the recyclers. As for storage - keep it DRY. That would be one
advantage to getting an engine soon after its original vehicle met
it's demise - it's not out in the yard baking, freezing, and rusting
for years before you get to it.

Tate