RE:Cheap scan tool?? (Ease)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 16:23:45 EDT

On 18 Sep 1998 Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com wrote:

> Wow, this thing looks too good to be true. If ya laptop mounted it you could
> cruise around with it giving you all the details. I wonder if it will program
> the computer parameters as well (didn't see anything but just cruised through
> the site). That would be way too cool. ^_^
>
> Shaun H.

   I read through their info some more last night. No, it doesn't do
any programming, although you CAN use it to clear out the DTC (trouble
codes.)

  One bummer is that it will only read powertrain trouble codes. They
have another product that doesn't have anywhere near the features (non
realtime, etc) which is basically just a code grabber, but that will read
powertrain, chassis, etc. codes. I don't know why they don't read
those codes with this tool too; there must be a different way of
reading them? Still, it seems like a great deal.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |