The Moon

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 21:38:02 EDT

>Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 20:07:27 -0400
>From: "Gary E. Klim" <garyklim@snet.net>
>Subject: RE: DML: Polar Bears

>I do believe that there is an American flag flying about 230,000 miles from
>here. If not for some silly international agreement, the moon would probably
>be the 51st state by now. Reduces Canada to the sub-atomic level... ;-)

>gk

Gary:

I agree, a major acomplishment. Don't forgot, many, many, many of the
aerospace engineers who made that happen were Canadians who moved south
when the Avro Arrow program (1950s) was cancelled. (Check it out, lots of
Avro Arrow web sites).

There was also someone called Van Braun...and the WWII German V2 technology
which got the whole thing started.

Dak content:

DC3 is called a Dakota by the Canadian Armed Forces :)

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.
Canada