Re: The Moon

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Sat Sep 19 1998 - 07:24:14 EDT

>>I do believe that there is an American flag flying about 230,000 miles from
>>here. If not for some silly international agreement, the moon would probably
>>be the 51st state by now. Reduces Canada to the sub-atomic level... ;-)
>
>>gk
>
>Gary:
>
>I agree, a major acomplishment. Don't forgot, many, many, many of the
>aerospace engineers who made that happen were Canadians who moved south
>when the Avro Arrow program (1950s) was cancelled. (Check it out, lots of
>Avro Arrow web sites).
>
>There was also someone called Van Braun...and the WWII German V2 technology
>which got the whole thing started.

Great point Robert. And to add to that, the shuttle's arm (Canadarm),
designed, and built right here in T.O.(sorry, Toronto for you non-Canadians) ;)

And to an earlier comment about FINE women in Canada - were you referring to
Fine as in "Aerosmith's" version, or Fine as in nice? Either way you are
definitely correct. After all, Jason has discovered the wonders of Canadian
women and I do believe the U.S. did many years ago by making a Toronto-born
woman - Mary Pickford - America's sweetheart. You guys got taste! ;)

Norah