RE: Throttle Bodies....

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Sat Sep 19 1998 - 01:07:02 EDT

Donny,
We will get you one. I had a slight setback last weekend but it will be
fixed this weekend. We were trying for thinner plates then the factory ones
(factory are
..063 inch). I used .040 bronze flat stock to make the new ones and they are
just a little to thin. I flowed the large bore TB's last weekend and flow
was 710 CFM,
but you could actually see the plates flex when we closed the throttle. We
placed a dial indicator on top of the plates and left the flow bench on,
when we shut off
the pump, the plates had actually deflected by about .010 inch. I am not
comfortable with this so I picked up some .050 inch flat stock. This weekend
I will make up
the new plates and flow it again. Other than the plate flex, I am really
pleased with the results. I am sure the thicker plates (.050 inch but still
thinner than factory)
will be fine. Production has actually started, I have already made up about
25 new shafts (minus the cutouts for the plates). Bruce and I will try the
big bore TB's
on our trucks, Bob Mankin is going to try the one Bruce has on his truck (97
5.2L), and Brian is going to try one of the earlier ones on his 93 5.2L Dak.
I will be
down at the shop tomorrow (Sat.) and I should get the three together. I had
actually hoped to have the test TB's finished last week but work has been
crazy. I will
keep in touch......
        Frank