RE: RE: detonation with only 4 lb or boost?

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Sat Sep 19 1998 - 01:26:15 EDT

Patrick & Alan,
The chambers were completely polished and the intakes un-shrouded to reduce
compression and reduce the chances of hot spots. Plugs are standard heat
range. but they do come out dark (rich under boost). I run 92 octane
gasoline and did not want to use any octane booster. If I remember
correctly, the blower
pulley that came with the kit was 3.25 inch, I worked with Vortech to get
the boost figures I wanted (approx. 4 lbs @ 3,000, 6 lbs @ 4,000). I think
the pulley
they sold me was a 2.75 inch but I am not positive (need to check the
receipts). In regards to the RT cam, I really have no idea what the specs
are. I also
helped a friend install the Vortech kit on his truck (stock engine), WOT
above 4,000 his truck detonates.
        Frank