Re: DML Digest V3 #1321 Replacing Stock Stereo

From: Jerod J. Husvar (jerodh@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 10:49:15 EDT

>AT least when I do upgrade the speakers there is a lot to choose from
in
>the size's that the truck takes, 6 1/2's in the rear and I think 6's in
>the doors but may be 5 1/4's.
>The ones that are in the truck stock are coaxial type but have a paper
>cone, the magnets are good size as well.
>Any thoughts from anyone????

The speakers in the doors are also 6.5's. I have Planet Audio 6.5's in
both the front doors and the rear speaker mounts, and have them chopped
via a crossover so the do not recieve sound below 150hz. (That's what
my 12" MTX Series 5000 subwoofer is for. ;) Planet Audio has really
nice equipment, the don't have a website that I've found. All made in
the USA, too.

Jerod Husvar
Rootstown, OH

98 CC 3.9L yadda yadda boom boom