Re: Spray in vs. Drop in Bedliner

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Mon Sep 21 1998 - 10:43:21 EDT

Man, another round of this thread...

> my drop in worked, and served its pupose, but it tore up
> the paint underneath it more than it really did good for my truck's paint,

  Nobody buys ANY bed protector to save the paint, unless they're just
uninformed. You either pay a spray-in dealer to sand your paint down and
coat it with a permanent plastic goo, or you stick a drop-in there to rub
the paint away after a while.

> plus i hated how bad stuff slid around in the bed

  Not all drop-ins are slick.

  I have a drop-in because it helps prevent dents to the bed, and given the
amount of semi-heavy crap I haul around fairly regularly, it has worked
beautifully. Of course, it has also rubbed away the underlying paint.
Spray-ins don't provide the structural protection of a drop-in.

  The best of all worlds would be a drop-in on top of a spray-in, but I
didn't really feel like shelling out another $400. Maybe I will when the
rubbed-off paint starts bugging me. Hasn't in the last 3 years.

  Ron